Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Fox Family of Marlborough, Connecticut

I have really enjoyed this Fox hunt.  It has made me rethink a lot of things.  I revisited the 1810 Marlborough, Connecticut census.  This time I used the Barbour collection of vital records listing births and marriages for Joel Fox, et.al. The image below is 'the list'.  If I understand the Barbour collection, the town of Marlborough is not included in the list.  If this is the case, I will definitely need to view the films for these records!
Marlborough was created in 1803.  This would mean that Gustavus and Henry Fox's births may be recorded in the city records.  I see the LDS has filmed these records, so I'll put them on my 'to-do' list.  The image below accounts for all but one of the children of Joel Fox and his wife Mercy Gilbert.  I now have an unknown male in the household of Joel Fox Junior.  Could this be his Father-in-Law?  
I feel this fits the given information pretty good.  The only thing is, this makes it pretty unlikely my Sarah Ann Fox is a daughter of this Joel Fox.  I'll keep looking around, but it might just be that Henry Fox and Sarah Ann Fox are not related.  It could very well have been a coincidence that Henry Fox was enumerated a few households away from William Perry and his wife Sarah Ann Fox in the 1840 Census for St. Clair County, Michigan.  

I'll keep looking...      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment